As schools around the world respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, learning may look a little different this fall. Remote learning allows students to access educational curriculum outside of the traditional classroom. If you can learn anywhere, why not REMOTE HERE? It’s time to take a Port A schoolcation.
Remote Learning – Island Style gives your kids the opportunity to discover learning in the real world, beyond the four walls of a classroom. Whether you prefer a cozy beach cottage, conventional hotel room, luxury condominium or the privacy of your own beach house, the island offers coastal digs to fit your needs. Not only do most accommodations offer high speed internet to complete your required coursework but Port Aransas is full of educational enrichment opportunities to level up your distance learning!
Elective Enrichment Opportunities
- Take art classes at the Port Aransas Art Center
- Paint at Fire It! Ceramics
- Port A Gallery tour
- Sandcastle building lessons with the Port Aransas Sandcastle Guy
- Volunteer at the Animal Rehabilitation Keep
- Scavenger hunt at the Nature Preserve
- Ecology tour on San Jose Island
- Dolphin tours
- Discover sea treasure in the floating Marine Biology lab
- Explore the bird trails
- Take a surfing lesson
- Play a quick round of golf
- Check out the skate park
- Go for a swim at the community pool
- Challenge your skills on the 12-hole disc golf course
- Try paddle boarding
- Rent a bike
- Create your own “learning cabana” by renting a beach set up.
- Visit the Ellis Memorial Public Library
- Get to know the Port Aransas Business Center
- Take a study break at Coffee Waves
Check back for virtual Field Trips!