Save Our Beaches
Port Aransas Beaches are the Best…Let’s Keep Them That Way.
The Port Aransas Tourism Bureau & Chamber of Commerce cares about the sustainability of our beaches. We are partnering with the City of Port Aransas, Keep Port Aransas Beautiful, and our visitors to encourage beach responsibility. We are constantly looking for new ways to grow this effort.
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer to clean up the beach or if you would like to share your best practices for eliminating more trash from a business and, ultimately, this island.
Here are some tips for enjoying our coast responsibly:
- Stay off the dunes as much as possible. Instead, use beach walkovers and boardwalks.
- Don’t disturb sea turtles or their nests; remember, it’s a federal crime.
- Fill in any holes you dig. For beach fire holes, fully extinguish the fire before filling in the hole with sand.
- Dogs and other pets must be on leashes in all public areas, including beaches.
- Recycle as much as you can. Garbage bins are located every 250 feet along the City of Port Aransas beaches.
- Grab a yellow beach garbage bag or two for your day at the beach. They are free and available on the beach and at the Welcome Center.
- Remove all trash including toys, chairs, tents, coolers, and blankets when you leave. Be sure to remove the entire tent; don’t leave tent frames on the beach.