Catch More Than a Tan
Known to casual and serious anglers alike as the “Fishing Capital of Texas,” Port Aransas offers challenges and a string of rewards for everyone. Virtually every type of angler casting around for a hot spot will find their own paradise here. You can even bring your fresh catch to a local eatery and have them cook it up, just the way you like it, while you sit back and enjoy dining waterside.
Bay fishing is outstanding in the waterways surrounding Mustang Island, where limits of redfish, flounder, black drum, and trout are common place.
PIER & JETTY
For those that prefer to keep their feet dry, Port Aransas has the Horace Caldwell Pier and the popular south jetty for around-the-clock casting.
Horace Caldwell Pier Quick Facts
- Pier attendants will be available during business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Admission is good through 5 a.m.
- The cost is $3 per person AND $4 per pole. Cash only. Kids under 6 are free and discounts are available for active military, military veterans, and seniors 65+.
- Bring your own fishing license or stop by IGA Family Center to pick one up because fishing licenses are not sold at the pier.
- Bait, tackle, and equipment are available for sale in the Keepers at Horace Caldwell Pier shop.
Launch your boat from one of our many marinas or hire a private charter for the fishing trip of a lifetime. Tackle the deep blue waters on an offshore excursion and reel in kingfish, sailfish, marlin, tuna, and more.
Competitive fishing is big business in this little town. Port A hosts over 20 fishing tournaments during the summer months, ranging from kids to women only and from billfish to redfish tournaments. Check the calendar for details.