Catch More Than a Tan
Known to casual and serious anglers alike as the “Fishing Capital of Texas,” Port Aransas offers challenges and a string of rewards for everyone. Virtually every type of angler casting around for a hot spot will find their own paradise here. You can even bring your fresh catch to a local eatery and have them cook it up, just the way you like it, while you sit back and enjoy dining waterside.
BAY & SHALLOW WATER
Bay fishing is outstanding in the waterways surrounding Mustang Island, where limits of redfish, flounder, black drum, and trout are common place.
PIER & JETTY
For those that prefer to keep their feet dry, Port Aransas has the Horace Caldwell Pier and the popular south jetty for around-the-clock casting.
Horace Caldwell Pier Quick Facts
- Pier attendants will be available during business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Admission is good through 5 a.m.
- The cost is $3 per person AND $4 per pole. Cash only. Kids under 6 are free and discounts are available for active military, military veterans, and seniors 65+.
- Bring your own fishing license or stop by IGA Family Center to pick one up because fishing licenses are not sold at the pier.
- Bait, tackle, and equipment are available for sale in the Keepers at Horace Caldwell Pier shop.
Launch your boat from one of our many marinas or hire a private charter for the fishing trip of a lifetime. Tackle the deep blue waters on an offshore excursion and reel in kingfish, sailfish, marlin, tuna, and more.
Competitive fishing is big business in this little town. Port A hosts over 20 fishing tournaments during the summer months, ranging from kids to women only and from billfish to redfish tournaments. Check the calendar for details.